Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Atlantis Incarnate

Kurutio: I'm in a dark cave, and I see a little girl collapsed against the rock. she's passed out, and covered in blood, scrapes on her knees and gashes all over her body. You sneak up behind me, surprising me

Illyria: I walk into the cave, thinking I saw someone only seconds ago wander in. I see you looking at a figure laying on the ground. I walk up behind you and tap your shoulder. "What are you doing?" I ask you as my eyes wander from the body on the ground back to you.

Kurutio: "I don't know...I was just going for a walk and I heard screaming from outside. I was curious as to who made the noise, so I wandered in and there she was! What do you think we should do? Do you think she's dead?

Illyria: Looking back down at the body I lean over and check for a pulse. "Her pulse is weak." I stand up and turn to you. "We should call 911. I wonder what happened to her?" I glance down at the girl. "Are you sure thats all you saw and heard?"

Kurutio: I'm sure....what do you really think that I'm perverted like that? do you really think that I look like the type of person who could do something like that??? To -- oh my god-- I don't think that she will make it at this rate-- we have to do something to save her.


Illyria: I look down at the girl. "What do you want me to do,. I'm not a medic!" I start pacing around the cave, trying to think of something quick. I ask you a question. "Do you have a first aid kit? Do you live nearby?" I stop and look you in the eyes.

Kurutio: Don't give me that look!... I don't know what to do-- nothing in my life could have prepared me for this
I don't live even close to here-- my house is 20 miles away...how about this-- you do what you can to keep her alive-- I'll call 911

(I begin dialing 911 and talk to the local police officer)

"Hello officer-- I have a young girl here that has been beaten badly and left for dead. Her pulse is weak...I need an ambulance over here immediately. The address is....well it's a cave near the back of Shinto national park, located at 464 Kuroi ave, Hollister, CA.

Illyria: I tend to the girl, making sure her wounds are properly bandaged and that she keep breathing. I watch you call the police on your cell and then go back to treating the girl the best that I can.

Kurutio: (I hear some noise in the background)-- something like glass breaking and gunshots-- the phone call abruptly ends..."what the fuck just happened??!

Illyria: I look up at you, slightly annoyed. "Well? What happened?" I stand up and cross my arms.

Kurutio: from the looks of it, I'd say we have a serial killer on our hands, and he didn't want to be found out any time soon. well that's just my guess-- but I heard gunshots and glass breaking, and I think it's a bit unnatural for a police officer to end a call like that

I think it's safe to say that they're dead-- at the very least, we should prepare for the worst. let's get out of here...

Illyria: I look down at the girl. "What about her? We cant just leave her here.."

Kurutio: I know what you mean-- she's in even more danger than we are. I've got a friend who specializes in emergencies-- he's an ex-Marine about a 10 minute drive from here. my car is just on the other side of this park

Illyria: I point to the girl. "Your stronger then me, you can carry her. I will follow you."

Kurutio: Okay...if you insist. with how fragile she is-- I'm afraid I'll break her though...
(I relunctantly pick her body up-- she feels incredibly light, even for a 10 year old

Scene 2: I'm in the car, driving. you're next to me, the girl in your lap. You pet her hair affectionately.

Illyria: "How long until we get there?" I look at you, noticing the trees becoming blurs as you drive quickly down the road. "What do you think is going on?"

Kurutio: I don't know...and frankly I don't want to know. I don't even want to think about it! we'll just tell the Marine friend everything, and he'll make sense of it for us. I look at you sternely, intensely-- forgetting for the moment to keep my eye on the road

Illyria: "Watch out!" I yank the steering wheel to the right. The car barly misses another. "Ever heard of *keep your eyes on the road?*" I look down at the girl in my lap. She looked like she was getting a little better. "Its not going to do us much good if we get ourselves killed!" The last two words come out bitter, but I dont mean it to sound so harsh.

Kurutio: "I'm Sorry" the words come out abruptly and indignantly-- mostly because i am upset at myself. I feel that I am losing my mind because of all the stress. There is an abrupt silence...
finally I speak...the words forced out. "I'm sorry if I seem upset-- I'm just not good at dealing with this kind of thing. I don't like the kind of situation when I'm so helpless like this-- so completely out of control of the situation

Illyria: "Then you need to learn how to take control and make the best of it." I look out the window. "How much longer?" Out of the side-view mirror I notice a large black SUV, I dont think much about it and watch the trees zoom by.

Kurutio: I notice it too. "Shit!" I know this sounds cliche', but it looks like we've got company!
I laugh nervously at my own half-assed joke, then press my foot down hard on the gas pedal.

Illyria: "Calm down!" I look behind at the SUV. "We don't even know if they are after us!" I turn around and watch as you speed down the road. I jump in my seat when I hear a loud pop, as if a tire had popped or the sound of a balloon exploding. "What was that?"

Kurutio: Oh my god!!! I can't believe this is happening! I pull out a concealed revolver, then pull over. I fire several rounds at the SUV behind us, and the driver swerves to the far left, crashing through the overpass and into the adjacent reservoir.

Illyria: "What the hell?" I say out loud. Wondering if it was even safe being with you. "What are you a cop? Detective? Why do you have a freaking gun!!"

Kurutio: look...I didn't want to get you involved. you're just an innocent girl who got pulled into this shit, and this is my fight-- not yours. But I guess it's too late for ad lib-- here's the situation:

Everything-- well almost everything I said or did was a lie (as you should know by now). But one thing is true-- there is an ex-marine nearby, he is a friend of mine, and that's exactly where we are heading
questions later-- we don't have time for that. for now-- we need to get this tire checked

Illyria: I stare at you. "How can I trust you? For all I know your the one who got this poor girl and I'm next." I push my hair out of my face and look towards the back of the car. "Do you have a spare?"

Kurutio: ignoring you, I walk over to the tire that had been checked, examined it, then got back into the car, preparing to leave...What are you waiting for?!" I growl. "Get into the goddamn car! This girl doesn't have much longer, so we need to get her to this Marine friend ASAP!

Illyria: "Oh hang on for christs sake!" I check the tire out. It appears to be fine, I pause wondering what the loud pop could have been. I run back into the car and close the door. "Im back, happy now?" I lean back into the seat with the girl in my lap, obviously pissed off at you. A heavy silence fills the car. "Whats your name?" I ask, not bothering to look at you.

Kurutio: Didn't I say no questions! what a coyish girl you are! so persistent.
I'm leaving now-- better buckle up-- no time left to be gentle...!

Illyria: "Fine, I will just call you the insane jerk who is not telling what the hell is going on!" I look at you with a glare. "And I can't help but to ask questions. I'm a college student. I'm learning to become a CSI." I turn my gaze back to the window. "So sorry, I can't help it." If it had been different circumstances she would thought this mysterious man to be cute, but all she wanted right now is to know what the hell was going on.

Kurutio: as I fire the engine up, it roars ominously. it sounds like it's a completely different car altogether-- something from one of those spy movies, maybe. Or perhaps you're just imagining things-- a symptom of post-trauma perhaps. As we speed down the empty freeway haphazardly, the little girl starts moaning gently. she appears to be having a nightmare, and she tosses and turns frantically

Illyria: I try to comfort the girl. I look up at you. "If your not going to answer me at least answer this.. Do you know her?"

Kurutio: after much hesistance, I respond: "yes". you see a tear sneak down my left eye. As if I knew what you were thinking...I added "it's just allergies"

Illyria: I look down at the ground. "Sorry.." I look back at the road, not sure wether I should continue the subject or just leave it.

Kurutio: Without warning, I swerve violently over the side of the overpass, just as the black SUV had done earlier. we crash through , then fall into the lake below.

Illyria: "What the fu-" I hit my head against the glass window. A sharp pain races across my forehead then everything goes dark as I slip into unconsciousness.

Scene 3:
As we fall into the lake, we pass through the water much slower than what you expected. Looking around, there appears to be an underground city. a few seconds later you awake, and are surprised by the new surroundings.

Illyria: "Oww." I rub my head and look around. "Am I dreaming or are we underwater and heading to a city and why isnt there water rushing into the car?..."

Kurutio: It won't be long before your questions are answered. for now...just rest...

Illyria: I rub my head and say to myself. "This is a lot to take in.." I can feel a yawn coming but I resist it.

Scene 4: The car slowly floats down to the surface of the lake, and there are towering buildings surrounding them. The man pulls out a peculiar looking object, resembling a sort of miniature remote. He pushes a button on, and there is a rush of water heading towards them through the gap between the water, an aquatic portal opens, and the car is pulled magnetically into it, until it is finally sucked through.

They were now in what appeared to be an ordinary house-- if it were possible for an underwater house to be considered ordinary. A lanky aged man stood there silently, as if waiting for this mysterious man to speak.
after a lengthy silence, the lanky man spoke ((Illiria, can you do this line for me??)):

(Illyria) Man: "I've been expecting you." He looks at the man, his gaze turns to the woman. "I don't know who you are though." He paused.

I look at the lanky man and say quickly, not meaning to be rude. "A friend."

The man nods and gestures me and the other man to follow. "Come.

Holding the girl in my arms I start to follow the lanky man. I look over to you. "Will you tell me whats going on?

Kurutio: I think that The Marine would be better able to assist you with that? I'm pretty new to this myself.
I'll tell you one thing though-- that girl is far from dead-- if anything, I wanted to get her here before she recovered.

Illyria: "Why is she so important to you? Is she your sister? Daughter?" I walk along side you. "Before today I couldn't even imagine this happening to me, its like I'm in some sci-fi movie."

Kurutio: and, since you specifically asked this, my name is Charles. Charles Stevenson.. That's just a name though. around here people call me by my code name: Crevice

Well that's okay-- I thought you were into that kind of shit...

Illyria: "Amelia Tyler. Though I don't have any cool code names. So, are you some secret agent?"

"Well it's one thing to like it but a whole different when it actually happens."

Kurutio: SHIT!!! I cover my mouth realizing I'd said too much
...(in response) Give it a rest.

Illyria: "Sorry!?" I give you a sincere look. "I can keep a secret. and I will drop it.. for now."

Kurutio: secret agents aren't as grand of a thing as people think anyway
it's a curse-- if anything. We're only good stealing, and killing and deceiving people. If I knew what I was getting myself into, I wouldn't have become "this".
It's too late for that though, I suppose...

Crevice was deep and though, and he ignored Amelia's gestures, as if he were just talking to himself
Hmm...what did you say? Oh never mind-- I've got enough on my mind to process whatever nonsense you're thinking...girls are soooo melodramatic nowardays-- what a pain.

Illyria: I scoff and continue to walk, I mutter under my breath. "Men..."

The lanky man stops at a large door that lead to a huge room. "Through here, there's a room provided for you. But I wasnt expecting a 3rd person so you are going to have to share with Crevice or the girl."

Kurutio: Crevice gave her a sharp grimace, then coughed emphatically. He then walked over to "The Marine" and said"-- you best tell her what's going on, before she starts targeting you too!

(Illyria) The Marine chuckles. "Don't worry I will."

Amelia looks at the Marine and raises an eyebrow. "When?"

"Soon." The Marine replies.

Kurutio: Crevice turned to the Amelia, and his eyes lit up, sensing her anxiety of sharing the same bed with him.
"You don't have to worry about us having the same room-- I'm sleeping on the floor. I actually prefer it that way anyway. You don't have to worry about blankets-- down here we have advanced heating systems-- although, considering the circumstances-- you'd have to be totally ignorant to not at least know that much"

Illyria: Amelia gives Crevice a surprised look. "Uh no.. I will sleep on the couch.. if you dont mind." The Marine has a amused look on his face.

"Or that works." Amelia says.

Kurutio: "Wow aren't you presumptuous. who said anything about there being a couch?" He laughs heartily-- the first genuine laugh she'd heard.

(Illyria) The Marine looks at the two. "I have to go for now, dinner will be in two hours and there is a map on the table if you need to find the food court." He nods to them both and walks off.

Amelia rolls her eyes at Crevice and takes the girl to the small room. She puts her in the bed and lays the covers on her. Confident that the little girl was comfortable she walks back into the main room and stands around, unsure of what to do next.

Out of boredom Amelia starts to look around at the various objects on the walls and the various items places around the room. She stops near the window which had a beautiful but mysterious view of the huge body of water they were in. Her thoughts wander as she stares out the window.

Kurutio: Intriguing, isn't it? the view I mean.

Illyria: Amelia turns quickly to Crevice. "Uh, yeah." She looks back to the window. "Its like looking into space." She looks at Crevice and smirks. "Your not going to tell me aliens are real too now?"

Kurutio: not aliens....exactly...his eyes told her that he was questioning his own words. Then he changed the topic: For the longest time, I would stare out this window. it was as if I were looking...at a dream...one of a past life, perhaps...

His eyes looked mesmerized but had a deep sadness in them. When she searched his eyes, he winked at her, as if trying to hint at something

Illyria: When he winked she blushed and quickly turned away. "When I was younger I lived near a lake. And I always wanted to go see what was in it. My brother convined my the Loc Ness lived in it." She laughed.

Kurutio: maybe it did...? he said it jokingly, but his voice suddenly took a more serious tone.

Ehem! You must be tired. (he looked at her pleadingly, as if he really wanted her to go to bed)
it's been a long day-- I haven't felt this exhausted since that day 3 years ago...

Illyria: "Yeah I suppose. A little nap wouldn't hurt before dinner I guess." She looked at him and smiled. "And besides may give me a chance to wrap my head around all that happened today." She yawned and paused at what he said, but didn't press him about it. Instead she walked to the other bedroom. "Night'." She walked in and plopped immediately on the bed and was asleep instantly.

Kurutio: Thanks. you're a lifesaver....he wanted to say-- but the words just wouldn't come out. Amelia just disappeared. Just like her.

Of all the coincidences...why must her name be Amelia? Crevice said, taking to himself again.

After a moment of melancholic silence, he pushed another button on his remote, and a small child instantly appeared in front of him. Well-- not quite a child-- more like a holographic image of one
How can I be of service to you, Crevice? The child said in an innocent voice. It looked like a boy, but the voice made it clear that "it" was a girl.

I need a drink, Amelia. The usual.

Scene 5: Amelia started tossing around in her sleep. Mumbling and in a sweat. She was having a nightmare, a voice was hissing whispers to her as she was drowning in a lake. Something grabbed her legs and pulled her under. Amelia held her breath until her lungs felt like they were going to explode.

Kurutio: Crevice walked quietly over to her, and then ran his hand gently through her hair. He pulled out that same remote, and held it over her heart, then her face. There was a faint light radiating from it, and mysteriously, she was calm again.

Illyria: In her dream the water disappeared and warm arms wrapped around her in a bright green field. She looked up at her saviour then woke up and saw the bland white ceiling of the room.

Rubbing her eyes she mumbles to herself. "Weird ass dream.."
The Marine knocked on the door. "Hey, you two coming to dinner?"

Kurutio: Yeah, we were just talking...I mean...Crevice realized that he was thinking aloud again.

Damn! I've been alone way too long-- can't believe I've been reduced to this state. what a mess. [still talking
to himself, as if oblivious to Amelia's presence]

Illyria: Amelia sits up and looks at Crevice. She dosen't say anything though, she just looks at him, as if trying to figure him out. She reaches out her hand and gently touches him on the shoulder. "Hey.."

Kurutio: Crevice shook, as if startled. He gave her a strange, vacant look-- and then retreated to head to the mess hall. as he was leaving, he called out coldly: "Are you coming?"

Illyria: Her face quickly turned from a caring expression to a look of annoyance. "Of course, I don't want to starve!"
She got out of the bed and pushed past Crevice in a hurry. Quickly forgetting about her dream and the strange message she heard.

The Marine watches Amelia walk past him and looks at Crevice. "Whats up with her?"

Kurutio: Don't blame the girl. She just doesn't understand what it's like to be cooped down here all the time.
I envy her, honestly.
(Amelia eavesdrops on his words)

Illyria: The Marine glances at Amelia who pretends shes not listening. "I like it down here, it quite. Though I like my fair share of getting out once in a while."

The Marine walks to the food court and gets a plate of food and sits down. Amelia does the same, she looks at the food with a grimace. It reminded her of High School cafeteria food.

She pokes at what she thinks is a piece of meat with her fork.

Kurutio: Crevice notices her expression, and decides to put in his two cents: Trust me, it tastes a lot better than it looks. To begin with, it's not anything like what it looks like-- that's just a half-assed attempt by the food synthesizer to actually make it look like real food

Fortunately, the programmers did a better job of making it taste good. although I suppose you can't trust my opinion, seeing as how I don't get out much...

Illyria: She looks up at Crevice. "I'm having memories of High School food. But if you say so." She eats a piece of something that was green and it didnt taste half bad. Hearing something she looks around quickly. The voice was familiar... but it wasnt a voice.. more of a whisper..

The Marine looks at Amelia. "You okay?"

Kurutio: Dammit! Kailee's awakened sooner than I though. This is bad!

Illyria: Amelia snaps out of it and looks at the Marine and Crevice. "Um yeah, just a.. headache.." She looks at Crevice. "Did you say something?"
The whispering she had heard moments ago was now gone.

Kurutio: (Looking towards the Marine) "Joseph, you know what to do." He runs out suddenly with The Marine, aka "Joseph", leaving Amelia all alone.

Illyria: "What the hell?" Amelia watches then run off. "Do I have cooties or something?" Feeling a bit hurt she continues to eat by herself. "Right, leave me.. just like everyone else I've known in my life.."

Scene 6: Crevice quickly looks at Joseph. "What should we do?" He looks back to the food hall.

Kurutio: Same as always. we need to contain Kailee before she goes berserk again. I know how much that you hate this, with what happened in the past-- but you'll have to save the regrets for later

They enter Crevice's sleeping area, and it looks far darker than before. Kailee sits in the corner of the room, her eyes glowing like blue moons

Illyria: Crevice stand his ground and from behind his back takes out a collar like object from his pocket. "What are you doing here Kailee?" -- Amelia finishes her meal and wanders the area, finding herself standing in a Hall of Fame. --

Illyria: Kailee's eyes shimmer and glow brighter. "The girl.. I want the girl.." She takes a step closer to Crevice. "If you let me have her, I promise I will leave and never return." She grins wickedly.

"And I'm not talking about your little girl Crevice.. I want the other one.." -- Amelia sees a familiar picture of Crevice and smiles, in the picture he was wearing a tidy uniform, a grim smile on his face.

Kurutio: Kailee-- we've already been through this. I know that girls like Amelia are like Lays to you-- you just can't have one! (He smiles grimly at the sick truth behind the joke-- a smile that matched the picture that Amelia was looking at just in the other room.

Illyria: Kailee chuckles. "Aww, whats wrong? Getting attached to her?" She paces around the room, like a predator stalking her prey. "Whats wrong with one little bite?" She cocks her head to the side.

Kurutio: Crevice suddenly gets angry-- and his eyes begin to widen into a crazed state. Sensing his sudden change of demeaner, Joseph holds his arm in from of him almost instinctively.

"Crevice-- you don't want to provoke her! Remember..."

Illyria: "Ohh, getting angry are we?" She smiles evilly. Did I push the wrong buttons?" She puts her hand to her mouth in a mocking way. "I'm sorry." She laughs. "I can do it so easily. Like taking a ball of string and unraveling it. Her mind and everything she is.. gone!" She paces around the room more. "She's special. You didn't happen to pick her up by accident." Kailee picks up a apple from a table and it instantly crumbles to ash.

No comments:

Post a Comment